Empowered 2 Be Better
Reports to: Quality Manager, HarcoSemco (HarcoSemco LLC & Semco Instruments, Inc.)
Location: Branford, CT
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs inspections, as well as In-Process and Final Inspections of parts and assemblies in accordance with applicable Engineering criteria, documents, drawings, and workmanship standards
Coordinates calibration activities and maintain records of various tools, instruments, and gauges used for Product acceptance or Verification/Validation
Serves as customer liaison for Source Inspection Activities
Conduct source inspection for customers and agencies as delegated
Conduct planned audits of HarcoSemco product following production processes
Qualify for and maintain customer and regulatory status such as Designated Quality Representative and FAA titles including Designated Manufacturing and Inspection Representative (DMIR), Repairman, and Inspector
Create and facilitate training for employees and plant leaders to support understanding of the quality manual
Up to 15% travel (domestic and/or international) as necessary
Participate in training as required
Perform other relevant duties as assigned
Must be a “US Person” as defined by US Govt. and able to work without restriction with ITAR related data
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong computer skills including QA applications, ERP system, Microsoft software, and databases
• Self-starter, with experience driving toward team-based organizational structure and culture preferred
• Ability to work independently and achieve goals with limited direction
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Experience with the Material Review Board (MRB)
• Knowledge of ISO9001 & AS9100 Quality Management systems; working knowledge of First Article Inspection requirements per AS9102
• Solid organizational and administrative skills
• Excellent communications and instruction skills (written and verbal)
• Familiarity with various technical manufacturing processes
• Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum High School degree or equivalent
• 5-7 years’ experience in Quality
• Aerospace or Automotive experience strongly preferred
Physical Demands & Work Environment
• Must be able to push, pull, and lift at least 30 lbs.
• Sitting, standing, reaching, bending, and moving
• Ability to work in a Manufacturing environment
HarcoSemco provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees are treated fairly during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Subject to change with or without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org