Website HarcoSemco LLC
Empowered 2 Be Better
The HR Manager will provide both strategic and tactical leadership for all aspects of the Human Resources function for HarcoSemco. This person will provide transformational advice and transactional support to the President, staff and leadership team on critical employee issues. The Human Resources Manager primary responsibilities will include employee relations, talent management, leadership development, performance management, compensation and benefits, recruitment and retention, training and development, communications, and human resource policy administration.
Reports to: President
Location: Branford, CT
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform.
▪ Originate and lead HR strategies, initiatives and practices that support an employee-oriented, high performance culture emphasizing empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment and the ongoing development of a superior workforce.
▪ Be a partner to the management team for strategic thinking and planning in terms of people, organizational design and culture.
▪ Assist the President and Leadership Team in defining the talent requirements for the company’s management team and other key positions, assessing individual competencies and designing and implementing an on-going leadership and organizational development process.
▪ Lead goal setting, performance management and compensation planning initiatives.
▪ Develop and implement processes to continually improve the quality of hiring decisions, and ensure a positive assimilation process for new hires.
▪ Support ongoing activities around employee relations, company benefit plans, payroll administration, vacation and holiday plans, and other HR generalist responsibilities.
▪ Facilitate annual performance management, employee development and compensation review processes.
▪ Identify and drive the communication and sharing of best practices across functions to facilitate continuous improvement. Deliver relevant business information to all employees and support the company’s on-going integration efforts.
▪ Manage employee training including tracking and facilitation of critical training curriculum.
▪ Support, mentor, develop and lead a competent HR team; ensure HR staff understand and appreciate the responsibility to meet the needs of the organization in delivering services to both their assigned business unit(s) and the larger organization.
▪ Handle confidential materials appropriately and maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
▪ Work independently with minimal direction for completing daily tasks.
▪ Participate in training as required.
▪ Must be a “US Person” as defined by US Govt. and able to work without restriction with ITAR related data.
▪ Able to travel domestically and international up to 20%.
Education and Experience:
▪ Four-year degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Behavioral Science or 5+
years’ experience in HR management position.
▪ Professional Human Resource (PHR, SPHR, SHRM) certification is preferred, but not required.
▪ Experience in all HR functional areas (benefits, employee relations, recruiting, compensation,
performance management, retention, etc.).
▪ Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
▪ Self-starting, assertive, flexible and common-sense work style that is proactive in communications
and effective in building relationships and influencing at all levels within the company.
▪ Ability to coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues.
▪ Must have the ability to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is in
consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
▪ Confident, solid communication skills (verbal, written and listening).
▪ Experience balancing multiple priorities and performing work details with accuracy and meeting
▪ Must be able to operate proactively and anticipate future needs or obstacles before they arise.
▪ Must be able to multi-task and work with and for diverse customers with varying leadership styles.
▪ Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
▪ Some light physical effort required including sitting, standing, reaching, bending, and moving.
▪ Must be able to push, pull, and lift at least 20 lbs.
Personal Protective Equipment:
▪ Safety Glasses may be required in manufacturing areas.
▪ Work in an office and manufacturing environment.
▪ Exposed to any number of elements, but none to the point of being disagreeable.
HarcoSemco provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color,
creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to
ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to
any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time
to time, as needed.
*Subject to change with or without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org