Empowered 2 Be Better
The Manufacturing Engineer will help to develop and improve manufacturing processes. The position shall be responsible for the process design and implementation of new products and continuous improvement opportunities, improve industrial processes to maintain efficiency, reduce cost, improve sustainability, and maximize profitability.
Reports to: Operations Manager
Location: Branford, CT
Essential Duties & Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform.
• Responsible for the development of engineering masters/manufacturing instructions using manufacturing engineering practices, specific to HarcoSemco products.
• Develop, configure and optimize industrial processes from project initiation, working closely with design engineers, to facilitate production operations upon launch
• Manage cost and time constraints
• Perform risk assessments
• Create and update process documentation, to include production floor layouts and operating instructions
• Design fixtures and tooling to facilitate pre-production testing and stable production processes
• Perform PFMEA reviews for new and existing projects
• Assess processes, take measurements and interpret data to facilitate continuous improvement in operations
• Assist in the establishment of continuously monitored process metrics for existing processes to assess areas for improvement
• Develop and perform simulations for evaluating process alternatives
• Design, run, test and upgrade systems and processes
• Develop best practices, process standards, routines and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output
• Participate in training as required
• Must be able to travel up to 15% domestic and international
• Must be able to push, pull, and lift at least 15 lbs.
• Must be a “US Person” as defined by US Govt. and able to work without restriction with ITAR related data
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Self-motivated and able to work independently
• Self-manage workload: priorities, multiple tasks, and easily adapt to changing situations
• Experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably to include welding and/or brazing
• Thorough knowledge of process improvement methods and techniques, such as Lean and Six Sigma
• Familiar with product development and application
• Read and interpret drawings and specifications
• Highly proficient with the various MS Office programs
• Working knowledge of process engineering software packages
• Experience with CAD / AutoCad, SolidWorks, and/or Mastercam a plus
Education & Experience
▪ BS degree in Engineering or related field required
▪ Demonstrated understanding of project management and/or process improvement methodologies, preferably in the aerospace industry
Physical Demands & Work Environment
▪ Sitting, standing, reaching, bending, and moving
▪ Manufacturing environment
AAP/EEO Statement HarcoSemco provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees are treated fairly without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
*Subject to change with or without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org