Empowered 2 Be Better
The Quality Engineer will help to develop and improve our manufacturing processes and assist in the implementation of the quality policies and systems. The position shall be responsible for the process design and implementation for new products and continuous improvement opportunities, improve industrial processes to maintain efficiency, reduce cost, improve sustainability, and maximize profitability. The position will also lead and facilitate the implementation of quality initiatives and their continual improvements.
Reports to: Operations Manager, HarcoSemco
Location: Branford, CT
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform.
▪ Support concurrent engineering efforts by participating in design development projects representing Quality Assurance and the customer
▪ Design and implement methods for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection
▪ Promote and execute quality standards, inspection processes, test methodology, quality plans, documents and reports
▪ Develop, execute and analyze quality-reporting measures
▪ Report to management on quality issues, trends and losses
▪ Create, monitor and manage Corrective Actions
▪ Participate in or lead the Quality Clinic activities
▪ Participate in internal and external quality audits
▪ Participate in Training as required
▪ Must be able to travel up to 15% domestic and international
▪ Must be a “US Person” as defined by US Govt. and able to work without restriction with ITAR related data
▪ Must be able to push, pull, and lift at least 15 lbs.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
▪ Excellent oral and written communication skills
▪ Self-motivated and able to work independently
▪ Self-manage workload: priorities, multiple tasks, and easily adapt to changing situations
▪ Experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably to include welding and/or brazing
▪ Thorough knowledge of process improvement methods and techniques, such as Lean and Six Sigma
▪ Familiar with product development and application
▪ Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications
▪ Highly proficient with the various MS Office programs
▪ Working knowledge of process engineering software packages
▪ Broad knowledge of theory and principles of statistics and statistical process control
▪ Diverse knowledge of inspection and control methods, techniques and documentation
▪ Solid organizational and administrative skills
▪ Excellent communications and instruction skills
Education and Experience:
▪ BS degree in Engineering or related field required
▪ Demonstrated understanding of project management and/or process improvement methodologies, preferably in the aerospace industry
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
▪ Work in an office and manufacturing environment
▪ Sitting, standing, reaching, bending, and moving
AAP/EEO Statement HarcoSemco provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees are treated fairly without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
*Subject to change with or without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org