Reports to: Operations Manager
Location: Branford, CT
Status: FLSA Non-Exempt (hourly)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Sensor & Harness Assembler:
- Under the direction of the Production Supervisor and/or area lead, performs bench-type electromechanical assemblies and sub-assemblies, using small hand tools, and electronic and pneumatic tooling, following established methods and procedures.
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Must take the necessary precautions to protect yourself and co-workers by using proper safety equipment and guidelines.
- Must be able to read and interpret schematics and wiring diagrams
- Must be able to read and interpret work instructions, SOPs, and other applicable material
- Continuity Checking and Reading
- Must be able to push, pull, and lift at least 20 lbs.
- Performs prescribed preventative maintenance on machines as required per the P.M. charts.
- Participate in Training as required
- Must be a “US Person” as defined by US Govt. and able to work without restriction with ITAR related data
Repair Station/MRO Assembler:
- Test and calibrate parts.
- Accurately read blueprints.
- Demonstrate proper use of simple hand and machine tools.
- Demonstrate proper use of electrical/mechanical measuring devices.
- Accurately read and follow procedures, routing and other work instructions.
- This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
- Responsible for quality.
- Meet customer deadlines.
- Responsible for building parts that meet customer expectations.
- The MRO Assembler position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of high school education or GED.
- Must have two years of progressive experience assembling aerospace components or other smaller manufacturing products requiring moderate technical ability.
- Must be able to read and understand English (in writing and verbally).
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Use and be familiar with all assembly and measuring tools, interpret visual aids, use of basic shop math.
- Must be able to perform, but not limited to the following operations necessary to build a flexible cable assembly and/or a rigid T/C assembly: make bulk cable, cut and strip wire, mark, pot, crimp, form and bend, assemble for braze, cap junction, layout, assemble connectors, swage, braid, assemble hardware, coil, x-ray, in-process test and pressure test.
- Proficient in use of electrical test equipment and inspection tools.
- Position requires sitting or standing, reaching and moving about the plant.
- Must be able to lift up to 20lb, unaided.
- Position requires constant use of hands, including grasping, twisting, holding, gripping, or manipulating tools and equipment.
- Employees may be subject to random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations.
- Work performed in a manufacturing environment.
- Exposed to any number of elements but with none present to the extent of being disagreeable.
- May work at different workstations as production needs require, or shifts from one station to another, during the assembly process
HarcoSemco provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees are treated fairly during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Subject to change with or without notice.
Are you interested in working for an aerospace industry leader, designing and producing custom-application engineered products for commercial, military, rotor, jet, and spacecraft markets? Submit your resume to our Human Resources department today. email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org