HarcoSemco is hiring! Our team’s mission is to provide knowledge, services and products that afford our clients a customizable experience and outcome, second to none. Together we have seen great success in innovating advanced manufacturing techniques in the design and fabrication of temperature sensors, thermocouple systems, interconnect cable-harness assemblies, probes and sensors. Come be a part of the team that is Empowered 2 Be Better! We are looking for:
Business Unit Manager
The Business Unit Manager is responsible for business results (Profit and Loss, meeting annual plan and growth in value for a business). The scope of this position includes: leadership of a cross functional business unit team ( sales, operations, engineering, quality), contract review & negotiation, new business generation, proposal preparation, bookings (orders), Profit and Loss accountability, developing and maintaining customer relationships, establishing the yearly business plan, and overseeing operating activities to ensure good customer service and cost objectives are met.
Reports to: Director of Sales & Marketing
Location: Branford, CT
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
• Focus on details of value creation, i.e. value based pricing, continual cost improvement, and identifying profitable new business opportunities.
• Guide a team of sales personnel, engineers, and manufacturing personnel to create real intrinsic value
• Develop relationships with new business accounts while maintaining long standing relationships with distributors, end users, and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s)
• Ensure that terms and conditions of new proposals and contracts conform to Company policy and business-unit-specific plan.
• Provide reports to management team
• Determine and implement strategic and/or tactical plans to win profitable new business
• Negotiate sales and marketing contractual commitments with OEM’s and end users
• Serve as company representative at trade shows, conventions/seminars to maintain customer contact, increase brand exposure, and publicize new products and services
• Manage a small team of direct reports in the office and field
• Must understand how a P&L works and take ownership for relaying the critical takeaways to the broader team
• Provide oversight in cost estimation process to ensure cost accuracy and appropriate pricing
• Work collaboratively with Operations activities to ensure cost goals are met, customer needs are prioritized, and quality issues are resolved
• Responsible for training and mentoring staff; motivating them all for effective performance for the general growth of the company
• Develop and communicate the expectation levels and vision of the company to members of unit
• Understand and communicate company’s corporate vision and goals
• Proven ability to be effective in a highly matrixed organization
• Must be able to actively engage with employees, supervisors, and other managers on the floor.
• Participate in and lead business-unit-related training as required
• Must be a “US Person” as defined by US Govt. and able to work without restriction with ITAR related data.
• Domestic and International Travel up to 35%.
• Perform related work and special projects as assigned.
• Reasonable accommodations will be available for qualified, disabled individuals.
Education and Experience:
• A bachelor’s degree required. Prefer technical disciplines (math, Engineering).
• An MBA or equivalent is preferred, but not required.
• At least 5 years of professional-level experience driving strategic business growth and leading teams.
• Aerospace experience a plus.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experienced in the use of MS office suite and Manufacturing ERP systems
• Skilled in verbal communication of work related information using tact and diplomacy
• Strong analytical and data analysis skills including extensive use of excel and similar databases
• Self-starter, with experience driving toward team-based organizational structure and culture preferred
• Ability to work independently and achieve goals with limited direction
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Solid organizational and administrative skills
• Excellent communications and instruction skills (written and verbal)
• Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management
Physical Demands & Work Environment
Typical office work environment, and typical exposure to ambient office noise.
• May be required to visit production/manufacturing area, which includes wearing necessary PPE (safety glasses, hearing protection, safety shoes).
• Must be able to sit, stand, reach, bend, and use hands to reach, grasp, and manipulate tools.
• Must be able to push, pull, and lift at least 15 lbs.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
HarcoSemco provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees are treated fairly during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Are you interested in working for an aerospace industry leader, designing and producing custom-application engineered products for commercial, military, rotor, jet, and spacecraft markets? Submit your resume to our Human Resources department today. firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com