HarcoSemco is hiring! Our team’s mission is to provide knowledge, services and products that afford our clients a customizable experience and outcome, second to none. Together we have seen great success in innovating advanced manufacturing techniques in the design and fabrication of temperature sensors, thermocouple systems, interconnect cable-harness assemblies, probes and sensors. Come be a part of the team that is Empowered 2 Be Better! We are looking for:
Design Engineer (Sensors/Harness)
The Design Engineer directs, coordinates, and executes all aspects of new product development. Responsibilities include control, integration and completion of engineering projects. This requires a self-motivated individual to design with regards to cost, manufacturability, and quality constraints in mind. The Design Engineer communicates and coordinates activities with other engineering disciplines and production as part of a team effort to achieve project completion in a timely manner.
Reports to: Chief Engineer, Sensors
Location: Branford, CT
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
- Design and develop high performance sensors/harness to be used in aerospace industry
- Lead development and execution of tactical projects to deliver Time, Cost, Budget and DFMA-Q targets
- Perform Risk analyses and develop mitigation plan for technical, schedule, and material aspects of project.
- Create 3D models, assembly drawings, BOM for sensors/harness components, tools and fixtures
- Perform FEA to estimate static stress, thermal analysis, resonance frequencies, etc. and validate the model
- Create draft for Manufacturing Instructions to ensure DFMA-Q and ensure producibility by hands-on prototyping
- Develop capabilities for manufacturing, assembling and testing sensors/harness and do Design Verification Testing
- Perform Reliability Analysis, Failure analysis and Problem solving to ensure reliable product development
- Create and maintain appropriate projects documentation to meet internal and AS9100 requirements
- Perform DFMEA and work with manufacturing engineering on PFMEA
- Maintain appropriate project documentation
- Provide support to Chief Engineer with various aspect of project management like preparing projects proposals, assessing customer requirements, creating concept drawings, performing cost analysis, creating compliance matrix, etc.
- Proactively interface with the cross-functional project team
- Promptly address customer comments, open items and ensure timely completion
- Up to 20% travel (domestic and/or international) as necessary.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, permanent resident alien, or otherwise able to review all export – controlled technical information.
- Performs other activities, projects, or tasks as assigned by leadership with minimal supervision
- Salaried / FLSA-Exempt role
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Hands-on experience developing component level parts and products on multiple projects
- Knowledge of performing FEA to estimate static stress due to mechanical and thermal loads, calculate resonance frequencies, etc.
- Knowledge and experience of manufacturing processes such as casting, machining, brazing, welding, potting, plating
- Knowledge and experience with Design for Manufacturability & Assembly and Quality (DFMA-Q)
- Hands-on experience developing tools, fixtures, test systems
- Knowledge and experience Testing and Validation processes
- Knowledge and experience of qualification/certification processes; internal and external testing
- Ability and detail orientation to create extensive support documentation
- Ability to directly communicate with customers and team members in formal/informal environments.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 2000+ hours Hands-on CAD experience: 3D modeling, 2D drawings, BoM, PDM, Document control and release process
- Experience with SolidWorks &/or CATIA
- Agile and inquisitive thinker; interested in learning and applying new technologies and methodologies.
- Must be a U.S. Person due to ITAR Programs (US Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- Prefer prior design engineering work in Aerospace industry.
- Experience with aircraft (fixed wing and rotary), cable harness and/or sensors (temperature, speed, pressure, proximity) knowledge a plus.
- Fluent with various Microsoft Office tools
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Typical office work environment, and typical exposure to ambient office noise.
- May be required to visit production/manufacturing area, which includes wearing necessary PPE (safety glasses, hearing protection, safety shoes).
- Must be able to sit, stand, reach, bend, and use hands to reach, grasp, and manipulate tools.
- Must be able to push, pull, and lift at least 15 lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
HARCO & SEMCO provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees are treated fairly during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Are you interested in working for an aerospace industry leader, designing and producing custom-application engineered products for commercial, military, rotor, jet, and spacecraft markets? Submit your resume to our Human Resources department today. email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org