Reports to: Quality Systems & Compliance Manager
Location: Branford, CT
Status: FLSA Non-Exempt (hourly)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Performs inspections, as well as In-Process and Final Inspections of parts and assemblies in accordance with applicable Engineering criteria, documents, drawings, and workmanship standards
- Coordinates calibration activities and maintain records of various tools, instruments, and gauges used for Product acceptance or Verification/Validation
- Serves as customer liaison for Source Inspection Activities
- Conduct source inspection for customers and agencies as delegated.
- Conduct planned audits of HarcoSemco product following production processes
- Qualify for and maintain customer and regulatory status such as Designated Quality Representative and FAA titles including Designated Manufacturing and Inspection Representative (DMIR), Repairman, and Inspector.
- Create and facilitate training for employees and plant leaders to support understanding of the quality manual.
- Document non-conformances
- Up to 15% travel (domestic and/or international) as necessary
- Participate in training as required.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
- Must be a “US Person” as defined by US Govt. and able to work without restriction with ITAR related data
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong computer skills including QA applications, ERP system, Microsoft software, and databases.
- Self-starter, with experience driving toward team-based organizational structure and culture preferred.
- Ability to work independently and achieve goals with limited direction
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience with the Material Review Board (MRB)
- Knowledge of ISO9001 & AS9100 Quality Management systems; working knowledge of First Article Inspection requirements per AS9102
- Solid organizational and administrative skills
- Excellent communications and instruction skills (written and verbal).
- Familiarity with various technical manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- 5-7 years’ experience in a Quality or Audit-focused role
- Prior Aerospace quality or manufacturing experience required
- SAE 13001 certification a plus
- UTC family, Sikorsky, or FAA DMIR certification a plus
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Must be able to push, pull, and lift at least 30 lbs, unaided.
- Position requires the ability to frequently sit, stand, reach, bend, lift, and twist.
- Must be able to work in a Manufacturing environment.
HarcoSemco provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees are treated fairly during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Subject to change with or without notice.
Are you interested in working for an aerospace industry leader, designing and producing custom-application engineered products for commercial, military, rotor, jet, and spacecraft markets? Submit your resume to our Human Resources department today. email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org