Reports to: Quality Engineer / Sr Quality Engineer
Location: Branford, CT
Status: FLSA Non-Exempt (hourly)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Performs inspections of HarcoSemco products to determine conformance with specifications.
- Utilize a wide variety of measuring equipment including general-purpose units requiring significant set-ups.
- Perform inspections following specified procedures using standard dimensional and electrical measuring equipment.
- Process associated documentation including process tags, rework tags and nonconforming material documents.
- Prepare and package customer required documentation including shipping instructions, packing slips, and certifications.
- Remain knowledgeable of customer and regulatory requirements.
- Initial prescribed rejection procedure when part is questionable or defective.
- Training other inspectors and assemblers as required.
- May at times be responsible for the direction of and work assignments of other inspectors and assemblers.
- Participate in training as required.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
- Must be a “US Person” as defined by US Govt. and able to work without restriction with ITAR related data
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of various measuring equipment, used in inspection of product, during manufacturing process and upon completion to determine conformance to specifications helpful.
- Must be able to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications, including GD &T.
- Familiar with and skilled in the use of standard mechanical and electrical instruments, functional gauges and test rigs.
- Knowledge of manual product marking systems such as Vibropeen and Electro etch and automatic systems a plus.
Qualifications and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 3 years inspection experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior QA, QC, or inspection experience with aerospace components or in the aerospace industry strongly preferred.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Eyesight correctable to 20/20 required. Will be required to take and pass a color blindness test.
- Continuous mental and visual attention required.
- Job may be performed while sitting or standing.
- Must be able to push, pull, and lift at least 30 lbs, unaided.
- Position requires the ability to frequently sit, stand, reach, bend, lift, and twist.
- Must be able to work in a Manufacturing environment.
HarcoSemco provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees are treated fairly during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Subject to change with or without notice.
Are you interested in working for an aerospace industry leader, designing and producing custom-application engineered products for commercial, military, rotor, jet, and spacecraft markets? Submit your resume to our Human Resources department today. email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org