HarcoSemco is hiring! Our team’s mission is to provide knowledge, services and products that afford our clients a customizable experience and outcome, second to none. Together we have seen great success in innovating advanced manufacturing techniques in the design and fabrication of temperature sensors, thermocouple systems, interconnect cable-harness assemblies, probes and sensors. Come be a part of the team that is Empowered 2 Be Better! We are looking for:
Reports to: Inventory/Warehouse Manager, Production Manager
Location: Branford, CT
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform shipping and receiving duties.
- Support the shipment of goods produced and the received goods and, supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods destined for sale to our customer base.
- Coordinate carriers as specified on customer purchase orders.
- Report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Maintain an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times.
- Required to forward a requisition for shipping materials to the Department Supervisor for approval.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Perform stockroom duties to support manufacturing and machine shop.
- Pull component parts or finished goods using a pick list, bill of material, requisition or “stock sweep” form and deliver to appropriate work cell.
- Receive component parts from receiving inspection and finished goods from manufacturing, verify count and stock in proper inventory location.
- Enter inventory transactions for receipts/issues to work orders into database and release components from receiving inspection, using database for transfer into stock paying special attention to serialization and traceability.
- Perform daily Cycle Count when required and enter data into database.
- Work with Production Control to resolve inventory balance issues.
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to department supervisor.
- Build skids and crates as required to ship materials.
- Required to make pick-ups and deliveries to our suppliers for parts and raw materials, using a company van.
- Interpret packing slips, enter correct information using data bases and portals, and acknowledge receipt of goods into purchase orders.
- Sorts, counts, packages, labels, ensures, unpacks, and/or logs inventory which is shipped or received.
- Responsible for correct labeling of chemicals with the HMIS label using MSDS sheets and MSDS Online.
- Must be able to actively engage with employees, supervisors, and other managers on the floor.
- Works collaboratively with Final Audit and Production Supervisors
- Must be able to operate plant/warehouse equipment forklift, dolly, pallet jack, in loading/unloading materials and packages.
- Performs other tasks or projects as assigned by Management.
- Must be able to push, pull, and lift at least 25 lbs unaided, up to 50lb with assistance.
- Must be a “US Person” as defined by US Govt. and able to work without restriction with ITAR related data.
- First Shift, Monday – Friday. Occasional overtime (including weekends and/or holidays) may be required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be available for individuals with disabilities to perform essential job tasks.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED and at least one year of inventory, shipping, receiving, or warehouse work in an industrial or manufacturing setting.
- Must be able to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math.
- Must have a valid CT driver’s license and an insurable driving record.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to fill out bills of lading and be familiar with all the various forms that are used and required by the major freight carriers.
- Must be capable of estimating weight and use that information to calculate the cost of shipping.
- Must be familiar with proper packaging methods and able to interpret visual aids used to convey specific packaging requirements.
- Must be familiar with the most common material handling equipment and be a licensed fork lift truck operator or be able to become certified in forklift operation.
- Ability to process shipments using UPS/FEDEX, DHL online software.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Work in an office and manufacturing environment.
- Exposed to any number of elements, but none to the point of being disagreeable.
- Some light physical effort required.
- Some work may include operating a motor vehicle to pick up and deliver materials/products.
- Sitting, standing, reaching, climbing, bending, and moving about the facility.
HarcoSemco provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees are treated fairly during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Are you interested in working for an aerospace industry leader, designing and producing custom-application engineered products for commercial, military, rotor, jet, and spacecraft markets? Submit your resume to our Human Resources department today. email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org