Reports to: Operations Manager
Location: Branford, CT
Status: FLSA Exempt (Salaried)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Lead and direct the manufacturing areas of a HarcoSemco business unit (Harness, Sensors).
- Drive strategy for manufacturing locations across all plants and outside vendors.
- Optimize manufacturing locations for products to drive better business alignment and profitability.
- Ensure the shipments for all work orders meet or exceed the expectations of the customer in the delivery of their products.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate of shop floor work flow.
- Provides direct supervision for production employees, including assemblers, welders, and machinists.
- Collaborates with all areas of HarcoSemco and teams, in order to streamline production, shipment, and workflow throughout the plant.
- Interprets various reporting documents in place to ensure continuity of the operations, including but not limited to labor reporting, efficiency reporting, utilization reporting.
- Ensure operations comply with Federal, State, and local regulations.
- Participate in and lead training sessions as directed.
- Domestic and International Travel up to 10%
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Will have a thorough knowledge of all manufacturing methods and techniques, and related equipment including shop floor control, production planning, and inventory control applications.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
- Must be familiar with product construction and application.
- Must have very strong leadership skills, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to actively engage with employees, supervisors, and other managers throughout the plant.
- Must be self-motivated, and able to work independently.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and or priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Highly proficient with Excel, Word and other MS Office programs
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain good working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to implement actions and deliver results
- Must have strong written and verbal skills.
Education & Experience
- Requires a B.S. or equivalent Degree in a technical field. Additional experience beyond the minimum requirements may substitute for the degree, as appropriate.
- At least 5 years of progressive manufacturing experience and responsibilities, 3 of which must be in a supervisory or lead capacity.
- Demonstrated effective project management.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Must be able to push, pull, and lift at least 15 lbs.
- Sitting, standing, reaching, bending, and moving.
- Must be able to walk on concrete floors and in environments where dust and other hazardous materials exist.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Manufacturing environment.
- Some exposure to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
HarcoSemco provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees are treated fairly during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Subject to change with or without notice.
Are you interested in working for an aerospace industry leader, designing and producing custom-application engineered products for commercial, military, rotor, jet, and spacecraft markets? Submit your resume to our Human Resources department today. firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com