The Quality Assurance Manager will lead all aspects of Quality Assurance for HarcoSemco in full compliance with the FAA, AS9100 and key customer requirements. The Quality Assurance Manager is expected to develop, adapt and execute the quality strategy for HarcoSemco to achieve key business objectives. This person is ultimately responsible for the overall quality management system of the company and all quality related issues, delegating applicable tasks to members of the QA team and the broader organization as appropriate. In this role the candidate must be able to interact with various customers efficiently and with internal personnel to ensure implementation of a quality management system that is embraced by all employees.
Reports to: President – HarcoSemco
Location: Branford, CT
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform.
• Champion company culture of quality and continuous improvement
• Ensure compliance to the QMS systems in place by managing quality policies, standards, procedures, programs and practices while driving other functions in the organization to do the same
• Lead the improvement of existing/new policies and procedures to maximize productivity while ensuring ongoing compliance with AS9100, customer requirements and regulatory agencies
• Manage all audits by customers and regulatory agencies including but not limited to FAA & FAA Repair, EASA, DER, CAAC, NADCAP and others
• Establish metrics to monitor QMS effectiveness
• Monitor and analyze processes and/or product outputs, identifying systemic problems and opportunity areas, providing data and direction to the site(s), and work with team members to drive process improvements to work toward zero-defect quality performance
• Work closely with Engineering and Operations to drive continuous product quality improvement
• Work in conjunction with the Supply Chain department to provides support for new supplier qualification and performance monitoring
• Provide regular communications of quality systems status and metrics. Conduct routine formal AS9100 Management Reviews of the quality system with Senior Management.
• Analyze & Report the nature and scope of customer complaints, internal scrap and other related issues to senior management and lead the problem resolution process using quality techniques (SPC, FMEA, Cause- and- Effect Diagram, etc…)
• Coordinate the control and processing of nonconforming material and oversee the administration of the Material Review Board
• Ensure completion of internal audits and formal corrective and preventive actions.
• Train, coach, and mentor QA staff and other staff members; plan and conduct performance appraisals of all QA staff
• Participate in training as required
• Must be a “US Person” as defined by US Govt. and able to work without restriction with ITAR related data
• Able to travel domestically and international up to 30%
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Comprehensive knowledge of standard quality assurance principles, practices and procedures, including AS9100 and related FAA requirements
• Must be comfortable with statistical methods, structured root cause analysis and problem-solving methods
• Excellent organization, documentation, communication and personnel management skills are essential
• Excellent communications and instruction skills (written and verbal)
• Must work well in small team environment, demonstrating flexibility, attention to detail and a strong drive to achieve company and project success
• Self-starter, with experience driving toward team-based organizational structure and culture
• Ability to work independently and achieve goals with limited direction
• Familiarity with various technical manufacturing processes
• Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required. Degree in an applied science or engineering field preferred
• 7+ years’ experience in Quality Assurance in regulated manufacturing environment
• 3+ years’ experience in a Supervisory role
• Experience in Electronics and/or mechanical aerospace industry experience strongly preferred
Physical Demands & Work Environment
• Some light physical effort required.
• Must be able to push, pull, and lift at least 15 lbs.
• Sitting, standing, reaching, bending, and moving
• Ability to work in a Manufacturing environment
HarcoSemco provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees are treated fairly during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
*Subject to change with or without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org