HarcoSemco is hiring! Our team’s mission is to provide knowledge, services and products that afford our clients a customizable experience and outcome, second to none. Together we have seen great success in innovating advanced manufacturing techniques in the design and fabrication of temperature sensors, thermocouple systems, interconnect cable-harness assemblies, probes and sensors. Come be a part of the team that is Empowered 2 Be Better! We are looking for:
The Quality Engineer will help to develop and improve our manufacturing processes and assist in the implementation of the quality policies and systems. The position shall be responsible for the process design and implementation for new products and continuous improvement opportunities, improve industrial processes to maintain efficiency, reduce cost, improve sustainability, and maximize profitability. The position will also lead and facilitate the implementation of quality initiatives and their continual improvements.
Reports to: Quality Manager
Location: Branford, CT
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
- Design and implement methods for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection
- Promote and execute quality standards, inspection processes, test methodology, quality plans, documents and reports
- Participate in or lead the Quality Clinic / MRB activities
- Develop, execute and analyze quality reporting measures
- Report to management on quality issues, trends and losses
- Create, monitor and manage Corrective Actions. Report CA to customers.
- Participate in internal and external quality audits
- Participate in Training as required
- Support concurrent engineering efforts by participating in design development projects representing Quality Assurance and the customer.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, permanent resident alien, or otherwise able to review all export – controlled technical information.
- Up to 15% travel (domestic and/or international) as necessary.
- Performs other activities, projects, or tasks as assigned by leadership with minimal supervision
- Salaried / FLSA-Exempt role
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate to external customers.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Self-manage workload: priorities, multiple tasks, and easily adapt to changing situations
- Thorough knowledge of process improvement methods and techniques, such as Lean and Six Sigma
- Familiar with product development and application
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications
- Highly proficient with the various MS Office programs
- Working knowledge of process engineering software packages
- Broad knowledge of theory and principles of statistics and statistical process control
- Diverse knowledge of inspection and control methods, techniques and documentation
- Solid organizational and administrative skills
- Excellent communications and instruction skills
- Ability to directly communicate with customers and team members in formal/informal environments.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably to include welding and/or brazing
- Demonstrated understanding of project management and/or process improvement methodologies, preferably in the aerospace industry
- Agile and inquisitive thinker; interested in learning and applying new technologies and methodologies.
- Must be a U.S. Person due to ITAR Programs (US Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- Fluent with various Microsoft Office tools
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Typical office work environment, and typical exposure to ambient office noise.
- May be required to visit production/manufacturing area, which includes wearing necessary PPE (safety glasses, hearing protection, safety shoes).
- Must be able to sit, stand, reach, bend, and use hands to reach, grasp, and manipulate tools.
- Must be able to push, pull, and lift at least 15 lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
HARCO & SEMCO provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees are treated fairly during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Are you interested in working for an aerospace industry leader, designing and producing custom-application engineered products for commercial, military, rotor, jet, and spacecraft markets? Submit your resume to our Human Resources department today. firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com