HarcoSemco is hiring! Our team’s mission is to provide knowledge, services and products that afford our clients a customizable experience and outcome, second to none. Together we have seen great success in innovating advanced manufacturing techniques in the design and fabrication of temperature sensors, thermocouple systems, interconnect cable-harness assemblies, probes and sensors. Come be a part of the team that is Empowered 2 Be Better! We are looking for:
Research & Design Engineer / Senior R&D Engineer
The R&D Engineer or Senior R&D Engineer will be able to independently lead new product development projects, mentor less experienced engineers and drive larger strategic projects within the engineering organization. Our Engineers perform reviews of customer drawing and specifications, 3D CAD modeling, tooling/fixturing and rapid prototyping. Our engineers design with regards to cost, manufacturability, and quality constraints in mind while striving to complete projects by deadline.
Reports to: Manager – Engineering Research & Development
Location: Branford, CT
FLSA Status: Salaried/Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Work in a fast-paced, exciting environment with the ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- Lead various new product development projects and handle all aspects of the design engineering work, including but not limited to: 3D CAD modeling and 2D drawing creation, thermal and stress analysis, advanced materials selection, tooling and fixturing design, and advanced packaging methods based on target specifications.
- Possess a hands-on approach to design and problem solving.
- Rapidly develop prototype parts and be an expert in designing tooling and test fixtures using internal and external machining facilities.
- Directly communicate with customers (internal and external) in the form of quotations, meetings and presentations to understand and define their needs; Understand and respond to customer requests, both verbal and written.
- Manage several projects at one time and maintain project schedules.
- Guide drafting, internal/external test labs, manufacturing, quality, and planning as required.
- Support production related to quality and manufacturing issues as needed.
- Contribute to the organization’s intellectual property portfolio.
- Act as technical expert for the company for both internal and external customers.
- Up to 10% travel (domestic and/or international) as necessary.
- Must be a “US Person” as defined by US Govt. and able to work without restriction with ITAR related data.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, or related discipline. Graduate degree in Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years work experience with design engineering or practical training is required.
- 5+ years work experience in Aerospace industry a plus.
- Aircraft (fixed wing and rotary) cable, wiring harness and/or sensors knowledge a plus.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Overall, be a strong versatile engineer with hands-on experience in many facets of the engineering discipline (mechanical, materials, electrical, aerospace, etc.)
- Knowledge of the design and use of a wide variety of sensing technologies, including pressure sensors, proximity sensors, thermocouples, flow sensors and semiconductor-based sensing technologies.
- Highly-proficient in Solidworks design and modeling and related analysis software, or equivalent.
- Proficient is FEA, CFD, or related computer modeling tools to assist in mechanical system design.
- Must be able to work towards customers to define and document requirements, address technical concerns and provide project status, as well as make technical presentations internally and to customers.
- Basic knowledge of analog and digital circuits and electrical systems. Some software experience is desirable (LabVIEW, C#, Java).
- Exposure to electromagnetic devices and circuits a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Project, Power Point).
- Able to work with minimal supervision, both alone and in teams.
- Mastercam experience a plus.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Typical office work environment, and typical exposure to ambient office noise.
- May be required to visit production/manufacturing area, which includes wearing necessary PPE (safety glasses, hearing protection, safety shoes).
- Must be able to sit, stand, reach, bend, and use hands to reach, grasp, and manipulate tools.
- Must be able to push, pull, and lift at least 15 lbs.
HarcoSemco provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees are treated fairly during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Are you interested in working for an aerospace industry leader, designing and producing custom-application engineered products for commercial, military, rotor, jet, and spacecraft markets? Submit your resume to our Human Resources department today. firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com