HarcoSemco is hiring! Our team’s mission is to provide knowledge, services and products that afford our clients a customizable experience and outcome, second to none. Together we have seen great success in innovating advanced manufacturing techniques in the design and fabrication of temperature sensors, thermocouple systems, interconnect cable-harness assemblies, probes and sensors. Come be a part of the team that is Empowered 2 Be Better! We are looking for:
Supply Chain Manager
The Supply Chain Manager for Harco/Semco will be responsible for four primary objectives:
1) Work with the materials teams at each plant to support quality, delivery, cost and inventory goals. 2) Develop standard work procedures, and daily management practices that will enable continuous improvement. 3) Achieve annual PPV and supply chain rationalization goals. 4) Drive supplier management improvement processes.
Reports to: Director of Operations
Location: Branford, CT
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Quality, Delivery and Cost Improvements
- Meet annual cost improvement objectives including PPV and Direct Material COGS %.
- Drive process improvements that result in improved material flow throughout the factory, including but not limited to KanBan and inventory management practices
- Support OTD goals in manufacturing
- Drive supplier OTD to match internal manufacturing goals
- Meet or Exceed PPV funnel growth goals
- Achieve monthly Inventory and inventory turn targets
- Ensure that sufficient projects are identified yearly to provide PPV for subsequent years.
- International and Domestic Travel to other manufacturing facilities and suppliers (up to 25%) as necessary.
- Participate in training as directed.
- Performs other tasks and projects as needed or directed.
Supply Chain Improvements
- Improve Supply base as measured by supplier performance to communicated Quality, Delivery and Cost goals
- Put systems in place that can regularly review and rationalize supplier base in order to maximize spend
- Improve Vendor Selection and Management (Quality, Cost and Delivery)
- Monitor/track vendor performance, OTD, and quality ratings
- Organize and lead quarterly supplier reviews
- Manage supplier selection and new product development projects
- Develop and implement supplier transition plans to ensure a continued supply of materials
Team Leadership and Reporting Responsibilities
- Leads Supply Chain and materials groups (Buyer/Planners, Stock Room staff and Shipping/Receiving staff ) at HarcoSemco sites (Branford and Nogales); most supply chain, planning and inventory groups will report either direct or dotted line to this role. (Site based materials personnel will report direct line to the site leaders.)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with Lean materials management, or APICS
- Ability to set short term and long term strategy for a multi-site supply chain organization
- Demonstrated experience Negotiating and Sourcing vendors
- Knowledge of MRP, expediting, master scheduling & purchasing
- Solid understanding of Engineering Drawings (blueprints) and BOM structures.
- Strong communications and written skills
- Problem solving skills with minimal supervision
- Superior planning and organizational skills
- Ability to lead remote teams
- Develop, negotiate and manage supplier long term agreements
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Production/Operations Management or a related field.
- Five (5) years relevant experience in MRP, supply chain management, logistics, and purchasing activities.
- Prior supervisory or management experience (managing direct reports) strongly preferred.
- Expert level proficiency with Excel
- Highly proficient with Word and other MS Office programs
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain good working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to implement actions and deliver results
- Demonstrated effective large project management in a Supply Chain related activity
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Some light physical effort required.
- Must be able to push, pull, and lift at least 15 lbs.
- Sitting, standing, reaching, bending, and moving
- Manufacturing environment.
HARCO & SEMCO provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees are treated fairly during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Are you interested in working for an aerospace industry leader, designing and producing custom-application engineered products for commercial, military, rotor, jet, and spacecraft markets? Submit your resume to our Human Resources department today. firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com