HarcoSemco is hiring! Our team’s mission is to provide knowledge, services and products that afford our clients a customizable experience and outcome, second to none. Together we have seen great success in innovating advanced manufacturing techniques in the design and fabrication of temperature sensors, thermocouple systems, interconnect cable-harness assemblies, probes and sensors. Come be a part of the team that is Empowered 2 Be Better! We are looking for:
Supply Chain Specialist
The Supply Chain Specialist will focus on working collaboratively with Finance, Engineering, and other business partners to achieve company-wide goals. The Specialist is a projects-based role, focused on improving Supply Chain processes and capabilities.
Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
Location: Branford, CT
FLSA Status: Salaried/Exempt
Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Analyze data and trends to identify and lead projects, with the goal of yielding greater efficiencies within the supply chain and production areas, and deliver a higher ROI (Return on Investment).
- Work collectively with other team members to negotiate terms and conditions for long term contracts with suppliers.
- Lead process improvement projects, including updating or generating SOPs, WIs, Forms, etc. as required.
- Ensure supply chain related documentation (contracts, purchase orders, etc.) meets federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Report regulatory information to customers and other stakeholders as needed.
- Work closely with the Engineering Department in the development of new products, including the sourcing of suppliers, obtaining samples, and quotes.
- Researching potential domestic or international sources/vendors for supply.
- Spearhead efforts to identify and implement cost reduction opportunities.
- Serve as the champion for Inventory Management (i.e. process development, and system integration).
- Manage and report out KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) within Supply Chain function.
- Ensure departmental compliance with all quality/operating policies, procedures and standards.
- Create and maintain the master database of approved suppliers.
- Create and maintain a master database of any suppliers who support the company Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plans.
- Assist with buyer/planner tasks, as needed.
- Participate in training as required.
- Travel domestic and international up to 25%
- Bachelor’s degree in any related discipline required.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in purchasing and/or procurement.
- Experience identifying and sourcing materials based on blueprints and other technical documents.
- Experience utilizing ERP software – Visual a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Software packages including but not limited to Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Thorough knowledge of contract negotiation, project management, purchasing and supply chain management.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, including the ability to clearly present data.
- Ability to set priorities to meet internal & external customer demands.
- Must be highly organized, a self-starter and able to work independently.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Must be a “US Person” as defined by US Govt. and able to work without restriction with ITAR related data
- Experience working with off-shore contract manufacturers
- Ability to generate reports using SQL
- Knowledge of Aerospace Quality Systems and regulatory requirements such as: RoHS, REACH, import/export, BAA, TSCA
- Regularly required to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift, push, or pull up to 20 lbs.
- Work in an office and manufacturing environment.
HarcoSemco provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees are treated fairly during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
*Subject to change with or without notice
Are you interested in working for an aerospace industry leader, designing and producing custom-application engineered products for commercial, military, rotor, jet, and spacecraft markets? Submit your resume to our Human Resources department today. firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com